Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Pedaling with the pros

Last week I rode with Andrea Peron, a recently-retired member of the CSC team. Peron has been a teammate of both Armstrong and Basso, so he can basically kick my ass whenever he wants. But thankfully, he took it easy on me.

The most amazing part of the ride...we were cruising along, and his chain was rattling. So, at a speed of somewhere btwn 20 and 25 mph, he calmly leaned over and with his gloved hand, adjusted the little thumb screw on the back of his rear derailleur. OHMYGOD...talk about bike control.

Check out the photo...and kids...do not try this at home.

This, my friends, is what separates the pros from us mere mortals!

1 comment:

Velovera said...

I saw him in the lobby of my hotel last Monday morning. I was in business attire and I said "salut" and I think he was trying to figure out how I would know who he was!! Cool guy.