Sunday, June 24, 2007

"Wind in the hair...lead in the pencil!"


OK, I stole the line...and the photo...from Garrett Breedlove (Jack Nicholson's character in "Terms of Endearment").

I had the most amazing bike ride today. Riding alone into the headwind out Sir Francis Drake and Nicasio Road was not a lot of laughs, but once I made the turn on Petaluma Road and headed up toward Novato, everything changed.

The headwind was now a tailwind, and it was blowing at just about the same speed as I was going. The result...complete silence. It was amazing...instead of the steady whoosh of wind past my ears, all I heard was the hum of the tires on the road. And if I rode right on the white line that separates the bike lane from the traffic, the tires rolled along without making any noise at all. Damn, what a day!

Is this heaven? No, it's Marin.

Want to see the GPS stats from the ride? Click on the red headline, above.

1 comment:

Kelly Mack said...

If you had your ipod in, you could have been listening to Amy. :P